THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Family

Activity No. 30 (Maria Victoria B. Reccion) 


 “Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind… or forgotten.” – Lilo and Stitch. What does this phrase mean? Well, it’s just like… “A family that prays together, stays forever.” They mean only one thing: THEY ARE ONE.


First up, what is a FAMILY? Well, according to Wikipedia, a family is a group of people affiliated by consanguinity, affinity, or co-residence. According to social studies, a family is the smallest unit in a society. According to me, a family consists of its members and their love for one another. They must have a strong bond and whenever one needs help, they must be the one who help him or her.
My family is nuclear, meaning we don’t share houses with other relatives. I am an only daughter of my parents. I am proud to say that we are complete and one. We’ve stayed close to one another since I was born. My parents are quite successful in their work so they have enough money to support us children. I am also very proud of them because they don’t have any serious fights which made their bond even stronger. Back in our childhood, my parents have treated us in a traditional way which means if we made something wrong, we were whipped the hell out of us. We were so confused and angry at first but as we grew up, we understood their way and were very thankful for it. Before we ask ourselves, “Why are they doing this? Do they hate me?” but now, “Thank you”.  Why? We were more disciplined compared to the people who hadn’t gone through beatings. But that’s not the point.

I love them, but… I thought it will be okay. When my elder brother steps into high school, things have gone different. He changed. He changed the way he treated me and he influenced my little brother. Never mind, I think that I was just over reacting. You don’t need to know. That’s all I can say…!

0 comments: