THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, March 09, 2012

Facebook

Activity No. 27(Maria Victoria B. Reccion) 

 
Facebook is a social networking service and website launched in February 2004, operated and privately owned by Facebook Inc. As of February 2012, Facebook has more than 845 million active users. It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow students Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. The Web site's membership was initially limited by the founders to Harvard students, but was expanded to other colleges in the Boston area, the Ivy League, and Stanford University. A January 2009 Compete.com study ranked Facebook as the most used social networking service by worldwide monthly active users.

Unfortunately, since I am not fond of computer stuff, I do not and will not have a Facebook account. I think it is just a waste of time. Well, not really, you could socialize with people and FYI, they may be strangers that you add as friends.

The number one reason that I don’t and won’t have Facebook is that it will just hinder your studies. In my opinion, ever since Facebook became popular, my classmates’ grades drastically coming down. I’ve seen it myself and I can’t help but think that Facebook is just a hindrance that you have to get rid of. I don’t know. It’s just my opinion. Besides, it belongs to the group of WANTS not NEEDS. I mean, why would I like something that it’s not even needed? I’ll never understand them…

0 comments: