THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Gakuen Alice


This is probably my first ever manga that I have read and have followed through ever since my friend in particular (Edjune) has introduced me to it. My other classmate (Eloisa) has joined me in becoming a fan of this amazing manga. Prince of tennis is just my all time favorite anime, but this is a manga. But first, what is a manga? Manga is the Japanese word for "comics/cartoons" and consists of comics and print cartoons. The difference between a manga and an anime is that, in anime, it uses animation while in manga, it just use print cartoons. Get it?

            Anyway, Gakuen Alice is all about… well, magic! Mikan Sakura is an orphan who lives in the country side of Japan. When her best friend, Hotaru, transfers away to a prestigious school in Tokyo, Mikan follows her. The school is actually an elite academy for the gifted people with “alices”. When Mikan arrives to the gates of the school, she encounters a teacher and gets enrolled due to a series of events. She is told that she has a unique, rare “alice”. There, she immediately meets Natsume, a moody boy who constantly gets abused by the school. They get along like fire and water, yet they are undeniably attracted to one another. She also gets the chance to meet other people; like Natsume’s caring best friend Ruka, or Iinchou, the class rep. Despite her initial view of the so-called greatness of the school, she slowly finds out that beneath the grand facade of the academy, there is a never-ending stream of lies and buried secrets. The school’s increasingly manipulative and sinister actions towards her make it a dangerous place to be. Little does she know, her enrollment in the school set the gears in motion to an even greater tragedy.


            Well, that’s interesting, right? (Quote from Art Attack) TRY IT YOURSELF and you will go to another world full of Alices… like me! I guarantee that you will absolutely love it! If I were to have any alice, I want to have Mikan's, which are Nullification and S.E.C. alices. I found it convenient because it has defense and offense attacks and it doesn't use up my life span unlike Natsume's. It's my dream to be an alice and I wish that there is a place called Gakuen Alice.

0 comments: