THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, March 09, 2012

Favorite Cartoon Character

Activity No. 28(Maria Victoria B. Reccion) 


It’s in a nature of children to watch cartoons. I think every boy and every girl has his or her own favorite one. But first what is a CARTOON? A cartoon is a form of two-dimensional illustrated visual art. Our parents encourage us to watch cartoons on a television because we have only little minds that can only process two dimensionally. But in my life, my parents sometimes discourage me because it influenced me a lot. I tend to do crazy things I’ve seen in many cartoons. Well, what am I supposed to do? It’s the only thing that I can copy. I can’t copy those adult stuffs. Yuck! Anyways, I watch cartoons maybe for a reason either to relieve my stress from school work or just to kill time.


My all-time favorite cartoon is none other than… Tom and Jerry! Well, there’s on thing you should know why I picked this show and not any other show. It’s because… it never fails to make me laugh! Although some of my classmates disagree with me, I didn’t stop from watching it despite of the truth of what my classmates said. Sigh, I wish they would understand… anyway, Tom and Jerry is a series of theatrical animated cartoon films created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, centering on a never-ending rivalry between a cat (Tom) and a mouse (Jerry) whose chases and battles often involved comic violence. I always laugh because Tom is trying his very best to capture and eat Jerry but the latter always find ways not to get eaten. Jerry always wins!


Other than Tom and Jerry, I also have another favorite cartoon which is Avatar: The Last Airbender. Avatar is set in an Asian-influenced world wherein some are able to manipulate the classical elements by use of psychokinetic variants of Chinese martial arts known as "bending."  It’s so cool to watch people who can control the basic elements like earth, fire, water, and air. The avatar is the only one can manipulate all elements by himself. All other benders can only control one particular element. The main character is named Aang, the succeeding Avatar next to Avatar Roku. He is an air nomad, originally an airbender, has a pet bison called Appa. His friends are Katara, a water bender and the leading lady of Aang; her brother Sokka, although not a bender himself; Toph, an earthbender and later on becoming a metalbender; and Zuko, a fierce firebender who first is an enemy of Aang.

0 comments: